Who may use the name “COCAINE ANONYMOUS,” the block letters “CA,” the official COCAINE ANONYMOUS LOGO* (hereinafter “logo”), future variations of the logo, the book titles: “A QUIET PEACE”, “HOPE, FAITH & COURAGE II,” “HOPE, FAITH & COURAGE: STORIES FROM THE FELLOWSHIP OF COCAINE ANONYMOUS,” and the motto “WE’RE HERE AND WE’RE FREE:”
- A Cocaine Anonymous “Group” as defined herein, for its function of organizing and operating a regularly scheduled C.A. meeting. A C.A. Group may not use the name, letters or logo for any other purpose (including without limitation, dances, conventions, memorabilia, or fund raising events) without the prior written consent of its Area/District Chairperson after a vote taken by the Area/District Service Committee.
- A C.A. District/Area has the ability to delegate the use of the C.A. name and/or logo on memorabilia. Proper discussion at the Area/District service committee meeting shall be part of the process.
- Cocaine Anonymous World Service Office, Inc. (a California corporation) and Cocaine Anonymous World Services, Inc. (a California corporation).
- To avoid implied affiliation, when referencing the name Cocaine Anonymous, the block letter CA, the official Cocaine Anonymous logo (hereinafter logo), future variations of the logo, and the motto We’re Here and We’re Free®, on publications such as flyers, newsletters, directories, the following disclaimer should be used: “In the spirit of Tradition Six, C.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution.”
- Any media (printed, electronic, or otherwise) to be made available by the group, district, or area, to the fellowship, shall have prior approval from the respective service body.
- The service body granting the use of the C.A. logo shall be responsible for ensuring that the proper C.A. logo, with applicable trademarks as shown below, is used on printed materials and memorabilia.
- Although not officially adopted, when using the green color traditionally used by CAWSO Inc., the Pantone # is 3292 and the calibrated CMYK values be used.
- When incorporating, no individual or entity may use the name “Cocaine Anonymous” alone or within the corporation name for incorporation purposes.
No other individual or entity may use the name “COCAINE ANONYMOUS”, the block letters “CA,” the official COCAINE ANONYMOUS LOGO* (hereinafter “logo”), future variations of the logo, the book title “HOPE, FAITH & COURAGE: STORIES FROM THE FELLOWSHIP OF COCAINE ANONYMOUS, HOPE, FAITH & COURAGE VOLUME II: Stories and Literature from the Fellowship of Cocaine Anonymous, and/or the motto “WE’RE HERE AND WE’RE FREE” without the written permission of the Cocaine Anonymous World Service Board of Trustees.
C.A. World Service Manual 2020 Edition p. 13
Cocaine Anonymous groups, meetings and service committees should only use, display, distribute or sell the following literature and materials: the WSC Approved Literature set forth in the Appendix, the books “ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS,” “TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS,” and “The A.A. Service Manual, combined with the 12 Concepts For World Service,” and Cocaine Anonymous World Service, Region, Area, District and group/ meeting approved flyers, meeting directories and other materials displaying the C.A. logo as described above.
Either of the Cocaine Anonymous logos must be used in their entirety as shown below. The first official logo includes the inner circle of the logo that contains the artistic “CA”, the outer circle which contains the text “HOPE FAITH COURAGE” or any C.A. WSC approved translation thereof and the registered trademark symbol outside the outer circle. The other official logo includes the inner circle of the logo that contains the artistic text “CA”, the outer circle which contains the text “HOPE FAITH COURAGE” or any C.A. WSC approved translation thereof and the registered trademark symbol. No other text or design element may touch, overlap or show through behind the logo other than a solid color. The block letters “CA” may only be used alone when they bear no resemblance to the inner circle type style of the official logo.
C.A. World Service Manual 2020 Edition p. 14