TOPIC: So you’ve been asked to SPEAK at Twelve Step meeting or event – Now What?
- List 10 strategies for overcoming the fear of speaking in front of an audience.
- Identify 3 major benefits of speaking to a 12 Step meeting or event.
- List 3 key elements for a compelling story.
- Identify 3 essential ways to win the confidence of newcomers.
- Know the 3 essential components for a well structured story.
- Learn 3 ways to dynamically open your share.
- Know 4 ways to identify and connect with your audience.
- Identify 5 important ways to describe “what happened?”
- Describe 3 ways to inspire others to work their program.
- Learn 3 approaches to dynamically close your talk.
About your Facilitator:
Cameron F. is a member of Cocaine Anonymous. His sobriety date is November 21, 2003. As a speaker of Twelve Step recovery, Cameron has spoken to numerous A.A. and C.A. Group meetings, District Roundups, Area Conventions and C.A. World Conventions. He has spoken to audiences across Canada, United States, England, Ireland, Scotland, Spain and Sweden. When he was CEO of a training and development company, Cameron taught audiences on how to be better public speakers including, overcoming the fears of speaking, structuring your talk, dynamics for excellent presentations, powerful openings and closings, key messaging, etc. It is Cameron’s hope that this C.A. Service Sponsorship presentation will prove helpful to those who wish to carry a hopeful message to those who still suffer from addiction in and across the rooms of Twelve Step recovery.